Monday, December 31, 2007

3... 2... 1... Happy New Year 2008!

Soundwave and Laserbeak preparing to replay what has been recorded in 2007


It is 11:45pm, 31 January 2007. While the rest of the people (in the same timezone) are waiting eagerly for the clock to strike midnight - in the clubs, or at places well known to be the venue for celebrating such events - I am here in my room in Kertih, trying to put some thoughts in my page, on what has been happening in 2007. I do miss watching the pyrotechnics of Merdeka and New Year as it has been a while since I last saw one live, either with my beloved family, or with my faithful friends.

How I also wish that I am physically there to celebrate the curtain-raiser at the places I used to hang out with my close friends. I'm not complaining, really. Here is good, plus, tomorrow is a working day for Terengganu. At this point I am receiving a lot of calls and smses wishing me a blessed new year ahead, and despite my physical absence, I'm glad that people who are dear to me never forgets. Looking back, there's a lot of things that have kept me sane for the whole year.

Liverpool becoming the runners-up in the Champions' League is one of the greatest achievements in football this year, at least to me and to the rest of the Liverpool fans around the world. I've been a Liverpool fan since I was young, and nothing could change my passion towards the team that is considered one of the greatest team in Europe. Once a red, always a red.

This year there have been a few occasion that I get to watch live matches with the rest of my Reds mates - Salman, Cherap and others, mostly from Kolej Matrix Yayasan Saad at Hartamas. There's also a few times that I watched with Aie et al at the same venue. At my house in Kertih, the rest of my housemates are Unted fans, Chelsea fans and others are just fans of Battlestar Galactica and Cerekarama (meaning, they don't watch football). I miss being around with the Kopites in KL and in Luton, watching live matches at big screens and scream as loud as we can whenever Liverpool scores. Let's hope that Liverpool will once again become the powerhouse of English and European football, just like how they used to be before. Walk on, walk on, with hopes in our hearts. Once a champion, always a champion.

As for the other kind of sport - what some of us call 'sports entertainment' - I'm never tired of watching wrestling shows, especially WWE Monday Night Raw aired on tele every Tuesday nights. It is true that wrestling is fake, and there's a lot of drama that revolves around it. But that's how it is supposed to be anyway, a make-believe. It's the same like watching soap, the actors are still actors, and thing's in it aren't as real as we believe it is. I started liking wrestling since I was 6, and I even had a dream to become a professional wrestler one day (I still do!). If not, a ring announcer would be just fine, just to be around with people who put their lives on the line just to make the audience happy, just to make a living. True, wrestling is fake, but the risks and the hazards are real; and some people would laugh at those who loves this kind of entertainment without knowing that this kind of entertainment is better than watching the uncivilized 'sports' such as bull-fighting. And we have to also face the reality that we live in a world of hate, backstabbing, cruelty, betrayal, and other nonsense that I can truly say that the real world is faker than wrestling.

Old songs like Alhamdulillah (Too Phat) and Just Like Heaven (Katie Melua), and new songs by Dewa, My Chemical Romance and Gwen Stefani have been some of the great listenings for me for 2007. 'All My Life' by K-Ci and Jojo brings back the memories of good old times when I went to see them perform live at the KL 'Live and Loud - R&B' at Stadium Negara with my 2 best friends, Johan and Hafsa, recently. As for the movies, what can I say, Transformers is the best so far after my all-time favorite, Armageddon. "Autobots, transform and roll-out!" Ke ko ke ko kek! (the sound effects).

Career, relationships, family - will all be mentioned in another chapter. The above are just some of the things that I could remember, the small things that have put some colors to my year. Things that have been in me since I was a kid that still remains a part of me until 2007. Liverpool FC, Wrestling, Music and Movies. Too bad I didnt have time to finish any books this year! Well, not having enuff time is too lame an excuse, as I should have better control of my time and manage it well. The next book I'm gonna read? Take a guess. "Relationships 101"

And the beat goes on...

No comments: