Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another year, another chapter

Tomorrow will be the last day of 2007. Looking back, there's still a lot of things to be done, goals to be achieved, tasks to be accomplished and promises to be kept. Having a 'New Year's Resolution' would be a good thing, but it will not be as easy as implementing it with the best way possible. Whoever knows as to which one is the best way anyway? It all involves trial and error. Therefore not only that I must have a New Year's Resolution, I must also draw a plan of how am I going to achieve the things in it, successfully. If I fail to plan, I plan to fail, and I will make the failure complete if I stop trying.

***

It has been a year that some friends gone missing without a trace. Either they die or wanting to disconnect themselves from the world - it remains a mystery to me. On the other hand, new friends and alliance were made, but not to forget enemies - whether it happens with or without me knowing it. I really do hope that people will learn to forgive and forget, and realise that bridges are to be built, or repaired, but not to be burnt. Forgiving is not an easy thing to do, especially when the cut is deep and it is like a scar that cannot be removed from the skin. Forgiving, sometimes, is a hard thing to do, but it is far from impossible, especially when we realise that for a fact one day we might need that second chance if the tables are turned.

This is the year that I turned 25 - quarter a century now. At this age most of my peers who used to sit next to me in class are already either in a steady relationship, engaged or married. I hope the bond that they have created will last forever. Will my time come? I'll never know. It has been 2 years since I last had a steady relationship and I guess elaborating about it in this blog would not be appropriate for the time being. Furthermore it was my fault that the chapter wasn't a happy one.

But for the record, the last relationship that I had 2 years ago with R was the best relationship that Ive ever had in my life. Even if it only lasted for 8 months, it is still a long story to tell. Despite the break-up, I thank God for the opportunity and I'm happy that I knew her at all. She was not just a great girlfriend, but the best friend one could ever have in this world. Now I'm enjoying my single life, but at the same time envying those who are in a relationship. Life's great either way, but I ain't getting any younger. At the point I'm writing this, there is someone that I'm seeing, but I have yet to find out as to where this is leading...

1 October 2007 marks my second year working with Petronas. It has been a great one and I wish not to include here some the hardships and dissatisfaction of working in this company. I've got great colleagues and friends that made Kertih a great place to live in despite the lack of entertainment and facilities. I'm proud of my achievements so far and I am also aware that the greater challenges are still there waiting to be encountered. I have to now draw a plan for my next career path in this company to avoid myself being complacent and demotivated. I'm also lucky to have great housemates that can entertain me with their stupid jokes to make my day when there's too much b*llsh*t at the office.

There are a lot of big things that happened in 2007 that cause huge impacts in my life. Decisions and choices were made, and the consequences were sometimes unfavorable. These are the kinds of things that I know, I will encounter again in 2008. With a little bit if experience, maturity, support from my family and help from great friends, I'm pretty sure that 2008 will be a great one.

Ciao 2007. Hello 2008! Bring it on -

And the beat goes on...

No comments: